- October 20, 2012 - We have experienced several issues beginning with OS 10.7.x and through 10.8.x, relating to changes in how Apple has implemented its underlying audio frameworks, as well as with its sandboxing of applications. We are continuing to try and work through these, but at the moment we do not have a solid idea of when we will be able to get around the problems. If anyone wants to help, please get in touch!
- December 17, 2011 - Released updated version 0.89, which fixes a problem with audio output from Flash-based movies, improves support for Avid/Digidesign soundcards and also adds support for ProTools 9.
- April 25, 2011 - Released updated version 0.88, which addes support for a Jack OS X / CoreMIDI bridge. The Jackdmp server has also been updated to the latest version.
- October 20, 2010 - Released updated version 0.87, which fixes a problem with saving studio setups within JackPilot.
- September 17, 2010 - Released updated version 0.86, which addresses several issues in the CoreAudio driver, especially when used with Apogee cards. A new feature, Monitor Ports (input ports that loopback everything that is sent to the audio output and make it available as an input) has been added. The Jackdmp server has also been updated to the latest version.
- December 22, 2009 - Released updated version 0.85, which addresses a problem with the Jack OS X plugins being closed after the main Jack server has been shut down. It also addresses a problem with some Digidesign cards, and updates the Jackdmp server to the latest version.
- November 25, 2009 - Released upated version 0.84, which removes requirement to use Aggregate Device on Intel Macs. Also adds new "hog" mode, and fixes some server-related bugs.
- October 12, 2009 - Released upated version 0.83, which adds Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6.x) support, and also now comes in two different packages, a legacy 32 bit version, and a "mixed" 64/32 bit version as well.
- April 6, 2009 - Released upated version 0.82, which addresses a “deadlock” issue
that appeared on some machines. It also
increases the maximum number of Jack ports to 1024 (from 512).
- February 10, 2009 -
Released upated version 0.81, which fixes a “deadlock” issue
in the Jackdmp server that could cause audio applications to hang. It also
fixes a bug in JackRouter that was causing “dirty buffers” to
continue playing when audio was stopped in Max/MSP.
- January 16, 2009 - Released updated version 0.80, which updates JackRouter to allow it to be selected as the default system audio device again, addressing an issue introduced by OS X 10.5.6. It also updates JackPilot to ensure that available sample rates for each device are now retrieved more reliably. Finally, it updates the Jackdmp server to the latest SVN version (1.91).
- November 5, 2008 - Released
updated version 0.79, which updates the Jackdmp server to the latest SVN version (1.90) to address a compatibility problem with Rogue Amoeba’s Audio Hijack application, and with input-only CoreAudio devices. It also includes a fix to allow iTunes to work with Jack OS X when Jack is set up with more than 2 virtual channels.
- July 30, 2008 - Released
updated version 0.78, which updates Jackdmp server
to address an issue causing the Ardour application to hang when quiting (in the
case where Ardour started the Jack server itself).
- April 11, 2008 - Released
updated version 0.77,
which updates Jackdmp server to address many issues, including a fix for
a bug that was causing JackPilot to crash when accessing ports in some
situations. Also includes fixes for JackRouter driver to address
problems with AudioFile Engineering’s Rax, and Apple’s
Quicktime Player and iMovie applications.
- February 12, 2008 -
Released updated version 0.76, addresses problem in how certain audio device
state changes were managed. Also added menu items for quick access to Sound
preference pane and Audio MIDI Setup utility.
- January 24, 2008 - Released
updated version 0.75 to support OS X 10.5.X (Leopard). Also first release
including new Jackdmp server infrastructure.
- January 7, 2007 - Fixed
minimum requirements spec for Jack OS X versions 0.72 and 0.74
to be OS X 10.3.9, rather than previously incorrect listing of 10.3.x.
- January 4, 2007 - Posted
Arvid Tomayko-Peters' Autostart v1.1 application, which
X using predefined user settings. This version works with Jack OS
X v 0.73 and 0.74.
- May 4,
2006 - Released updated version 0.74, with fixed AU plugin that passes
13, 2006 - Released updated version 0.73, now Universal Binary, to allow
running on either PowerPC or Intel architectures. Removed NetJack component
until bugs fixed. Also removed legacy Port Audio driver. Updated to latest
Jack server version.
27, 2006 - Released updated version 0.72, with bug fix updates to Jack
server, Core Audio driver, Jack Audio Router, and JackPilot. Fixes a
problem with VLC Media Player. No new features.
- July 12, 2005 - Released
updated version 0.71 to address problems with Rax and Plogue Bidule. No
- June 23, 2005
- Released updated version 0.7 to support OS X 10.4.x (Tiger), including
Aggregate Audio Device functionality.
- March 3, 2005 - Released
updated version 0.61 to address problem with installer. No new features.
- March 1, 2005 -
New version 0.61 now available for download - fixes a bug causing application
crashes and/or startup issues (Skype, Rax, etc.). Also now including Arvid
Tomayko-Peter's startup Applescript in distribution.
- February 21, 2005 -
New version 0.6 now available for download - many bug fixes and compatibility
improvements, including much better compatibility with Native Instruments
now using the latest version of Jack server (0.99.49). The full change
log is included in the documentation that comes with the package.
- October 8, 2004 - New
version 0.51 now available for download - bug fix release, no new functionality.
The full change log is included in the documentation that comes with the
- October 1, 2004 - New
version 0.5 now available for download, including NetJack, the Jack
network transmission module, an improved, lower overhead Core Audio driver,
and expanded, step-by-step examples in the documentation. The full change
log is included in the documentation that comes with the package.
- September 30, 2004 -
Site updated to reflect changed project name, from Jack Tools to Jack OS
X. Also repointed download links to Sourceforge, to allow for higher volume
- March 24, 2004 - Jack-Autostart
now available for download. Allows JackPilot and Jack to start
up automatically when you log in.
- January 28, 2004 - Jack
Tools Uninstaller now available for download. In future releases, this
will be bundled as part of the Jack Tools package.
- January 23,
2004 - Sourceforge.net developer site opened to allow for easier collaboration
of the development team.
7, 2004 - Jack Tools 0.4 now available for download. Away
jackosx.com, All Rights Reserved
All trademarks are property of their respective owners